[SOLVED] bottleneck?

mexashe

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
guys i own i5-9600k and i want to upgrade from rx 570 to rtx 3080 in september will my cpu be fine with that card?

Solution
i was thinking that my cpu would slow down rtx 3080 meaning the card wont max out its possibilties
Basically...
The CPU provides teh FPS, the GPU provides the eye candy.

In your case, the CPU will provide whatever it is going to do, and whatever it did last week.
The new GPU can provide better eye candy at that same frame rate.

It does not slow things down.

USAFRet

Titan
i was thinking that my cpu would slow down rtx 3080 meaning the card wont max out its possibilties
Basically...

In your case, the CPU will provide whatever it is going to do, and whatever it did last week.

Solution

mexashe

Reputable
Mar 28, 2020
Basically...

thank you i will be looking forward to it they said new rtx 3080 is 2x2080 lol

Will the 9600K be 'enough'?
Probably.

Will faster CPUs (9700K, 10700K, etc) likely give better framerates, especially at 1080P and 1440P?? (Naturally, this will vary depending on the game, chosen resolution and level of detail/quality)

I suspect the reviews covering these GPUs with the fastest CPUs will be out soon enough...

If the claims of the 3070 matching or beating the 2080TI are less than half the cost...impressive! (I need to see lots of games, with and without RTX, not just 'with RTX'

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
You probably won't be able to tell the difference unless settings are low or you have a very CPU-intensive game. Flight Simulator is a good example. Even then the split between 9600k/9900k is minimal. OTOH, Ryzen is a different story.

mrrk7hfYPFkAqXxnxzWCf5-1455-80.png

TRENDING THREADS