[SOLVED] bottleneck

Dec 5, 2021
hi guys, i have a i5 3330 and bottleneck calculator with my cpu and gtx 1060 6gb bottleneck is 30.9% will the bottleneck afect fps on games?

Solution
Bottleneck calculators are misleading garbage, don’t use them.

A lot depends on the game and the resolution. Also a bottleneck is only a problem if you are not happy with the performance. However an old i5 is going to struggle in newer cpu demanding games regardless of what gpu you choose.

Jacklope

Reputable
Jan 17, 2021
hi guys, i have a i5 3330 and bottleneck calculator with my cpu and gtx 1060 6gb bottleneck is 30.9% will the bottleneck afect fps on games?
bottleneck calculators are misleading. Depends on what games are you playing, if they are more gpu demanding, then u wont have problems, if its more cpu demanding there will occur a bottleneck.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're working with the 3rd Gen platform from Intel's processor portfolio. We're currently on the 12th Gen from Intel. What games are we talking about here? You could alleviate some of the limitations by dropping in a higher spec'd processor but you're better off just migrating to a concurrent platform with the GTX1060 6GB dropped into said concurrent system.

Bottleneck calculators are misleading garbage, don’t use them.

A lot depends on the game and the resolution. Also a bottleneck is only a problem if you are not happy with the performance. However an old i5 is going to struggle in newer cpu demanding games regardless of what gpu you choose.

Solution