[SOLVED] Bottleneck.

Lewis_35

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
Would my i5-8600k bottleneck a Xfx Speedster swft 210 6600 XT? I’m thinking of buying one because they’re at MSRP at a computer store near where I live but I don’t know if it’s going to be bottlenecked by my CPU.

Solution
Benchmark your system using the lowest possible graphics settings. This will give you the maximum FPS your system can achieve. If whatever you upgrade to exceeds these values, then yes, the CPU will be bottlenecking the GPU. However, if these values are still much better than what you're getting now, it's an upgrade and you shouldn't worry about bottlenecking until you no longer get the performance you want.

kanewolf

Titan
Would my i5-8600k bottleneck a Xfx Speedster swft 210 6600 XT? I’m thinking of buying one because they’re at MSRP at a computer store near where I live but I don’t know if it’s going to be bottlenecked by my CPU.
Unknown. It depends on resolution, specific game, game settings, etc.
BUT, you are asking the wrong question. The question to ask is "Will this improve my gaming performance?" Even this, can't be answered because you didn't provide what you are currently running.

USAFRet

Titan
"Bottleneck" - one of the most useless terms in current PC parlance.

Is the 6600XT better than the GPU you have now?
If so, you will get better performance.
You may get the same FPS, but you will be able to turn up the graphics a bit.

It will NOT make the system 'slower'.

Lewis_35

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
Unknown. It depends on resolution, specific game, game settings, etc.
BUT, you are asking the wrong question. The question to ask is "Will this improve my gaming performance?" Even this, can't be answered because you didn't provide what you are currently running.
Currently running a GTX 1070, 16gb 3200mhz DDR4 ram and an 8600k with a 240mm AIO so can do a bit of over clocking if needed, all NVME SSD storage too

Benchmark your system using the lowest possible graphics settings. This will give you the maximum FPS your system can achieve. If whatever you upgrade to exceeds these values, then yes, the CPU will be bottlenecking the GPU. However, if these values are still much better than what you're getting now, it's an upgrade and you shouldn't worry about bottlenecking until you no longer get the performance you want.

Solution

Lewis_35

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
I was only asking because I saw that the 6600XT performs better with PCIE 4.0 support, as the 8600k and motherboard doesn’t support 4.0 I was skeptical about buying it but I have bought it and will update this thread once it’s delivered, thanks for the help guys