Bottlenecked components; searching for GPU?

jamesvailjr11

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I currently have a i7 6700 3.2 or 3.4 ghz CPU which I've been told was really good. I also have a 1050 ti GTX which is okay, but people have been telling me that it doesn't compete with my CPU.

I lag on a lot of games, and load them really slow with choppy effects, for instance, PUBG. My power supply had too low wattage for my PC so I got a 600w one, but it did not help at all, at least noticeably.

Someone told me my compenents were bottlenecked, a really good CPU and a not so good GPU. So, I was wondering if this was true, and if it was true, what GPU would be sufficient for my CPU.

Thanks, please respond soon.

Solution
You should be able to run PUBG at about Medium settings at playable FPS, should be 30-40. If it takes a long time to load things, you may want to get a solid state drive and install Windows clean on that. Also check the temperature of the system under load.
You should be able to run PUBG at about Medium settings at playable FPS, should be 30-40. If it takes a long time to load things, you may want to get a solid state drive and install Windows clean on that. Also check the temperature of the system under load.

Solution

jamesvailjr11

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

I have pretty low temperature so that's not the problem. It does take a while to load things and sometimes its choppy. How do I get a solid state drive and install windows clean on it?

Go to a store or online shop and buy a drive. Take your Windows media you used on the existing system and use that to install Windows. Get drivers from the motherboard vendor and nVidia, install them once Windows is installed. There are a ton of detailed guides on installing Windows.

jamesvailjr11

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017

Alright I'll check it out, thanks.