Bottlenecked GTX 1070

dros05

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
So i recently got a new pc and i found out that the cpu is bottlenecking the gpu alot although i don't think it should've. The bottleneck is pretty bad i'd say, cpu always seems to stay at 100% and gpu usage barely goes higher than 50%.Anyways, my specs are:
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Strix 8gb
Intel I5-6402p 2.8ghz
8GB Ram single memory.
Let me know what your opinions are on this one and what do u think could be the cause of the bottleneck and if necessary to upgrade the cpu or add some more ram, dunno..

TheFluffyDog

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
What games?
What resolution?
What frame rate?

and then, regardless, that processor will definitely "bottleneck" you in a few modern games just because its a p model and it doesn't run as fast as say a i5-6600. and probably one stick of ram running in single channel is effecting performance.

So you could just grab an identical ram stick and slap it in.

dros05

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
Any modern game, 1080p resolution, but i know for a fact that it shouldn't actually bottleneck it that much. I've seen people running the same games with pretty much the same specs as me, speaking about cpu and gpu, and the difference was huge, gpu usage getting most of the times to 98%, but as you said, regardless there will be some bottleneck as the processor always stays at 100% usage. The processor is also a locked one, so i can't really overclock it but it never goes beyond 2.8ghz, although it can be stable even at 3.4ghz, so i think that might be because of the cooling, it can get pretty hot and that might be causing it to slow performance.