[SOLVED] Bottlenecking Help

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
I have a 10606GB GPU, and I will soon buy a ryzen 7 2700x. On a site, it says I will have 55% bottleneck because "the CPU is too powerful foe this GPU". Is this possble? Can I get a bottleneck if my CPU is too powerful? If so, tell me the BEST possible CPU for my 10606GB that has no bottleneck

Solution
I have a 10606GB GPU, and I will soon buy a ryzen 7 2700x. On a site, it says I will have 55% bottleneck because "the CPU is too powerful foe this GPU". Is this possble? Can I get a bottleneck if my CPU is too powerful? If so, tell me the BEST possible CPU for my 10606GB that has no bottleneck
May we assume that 'site' is either:
https://pc-builds.com/calculator/
or thebottlenecker.com

If so...IGNORE THAT COMPLETELY.
That place is snake oil at best. To be discounted, ignored, laughed at, shown the door...kicked off the internet.

It is pure bunk.
(tell all your friends)
In a PC there will always be a limiting component. Otherwise, every system would get infinite fps.

In most games, your GPU will be maxed out and your cpu won't be fully utilized. This is not a problem and a 1060 and 2700x is a good pairing.

Never trust online bottleneck calculators either. They are a rough guess and very misleading.

USAFRet

Titan
or thebottlenecker.com

That place is snake oil at best. To be discounted, ignored, laughed at, shown the door...kicked off the internet.

It is pure bunk.
(tell all your friends)

Solution

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
or thebottlenecker.com

It is pure bunk.
(tell all your friends)
It is the first one. Thank you very much, I was going to upgrade my whole gaming rig (cpu, mobo, ram and psu), and I would then have to find other CPU and mobo that is compatible with the other CPU. You saved me!

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
In a PC there will always be a limiting component. Otherwise, every system would get infinite fps.

In most games, your GPU will be maxed out and your cpu won't be fully utilized. This is not a problem and a 1060 and 2700x is a good pairing.

Never trust online bottleneck calculators either. They are a rough guess and very misleading.
Thank you for telling me!

USAFRet

Titan
It's actually the same 'site'
Used to be thebottlenecker.com...now just redirects to the other one.

Here is an example of pure snake oil.
Same system (mine), 8 months apart
Qw2KkUx.jpg