[SOLVED] bottlenecking?

Solution
but then i would have to buy and if it did not work i would have to pay shipping and return shipping
You miss my point.
If you lower the demand on your current graphics adapter(via lower resolution or settings) and you find that your fps improves, that tells you that you would benefit from a stronger graphics card.

OTOH, if you still get the same fps with lowered settings you are likely cpu limited and buying a stronger graphics card like a rx470 would not gain you anything.
What is your problem?

There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

Define "too much"
Yes, the A8-5500 is a weak processor.
But, if bro play fast action games, then having a strong gpu is a good thing.

Here is a simple test:
Run HIS games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that the cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

puppyboynate

Great
Dec 6, 2019
Define "too much"
Yes, the A8-5500 is a weak processor.
But, if bro play fast action games, then having a strong gpu is a good thing.

Here is a simple test:
Run HIS games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that the cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
but then i would have to buy and if it did not work i would have to pay shipping and return shipping

You miss my point.
If you lower the demand on your current graphics adapter(via lower resolution or settings) and you find that your fps improves, that tells you that you would benefit from a stronger graphics card.

OTOH, if you still get the same fps with lowered settings you are likely cpu limited and buying a stronger graphics card like a rx470 would not gain you anything.

Solution

puppyboynate

Great
Dec 6, 2019
You miss my point.

ok thank you so much i will try that