[SOLVED] Bottlenecking

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
I just wanted to know if bottlenecking can damage any of your pc parts overtime because im buying the rtx 2060 super and i have a core i5 9400f and i know their will be bottlenecking and i just wanted to make sure everything will be ok because i spent alot of money on this pc and i want to make sure it will be ok.

thank you

Solution
I just wanted to know if bottlenecking can damage any of your pc parts overtime because im buying the rtx 2060 super and i have a core i5 9400f and i know their will be bottlenecking and i just wanted to make sure everything will be ok because i spent alot of money on this pc and i want to make sure it will be ok.

No, absolutely not. Bottlenecking is a badly misused term, and @JohnBonhamsGhost 's pointed out what it really is.

In fact, if you have a PC, it's possible that in one game, the CPU is the so-called "bottleneck" and in another game, the GPU is the bottleneck.

If anyone ever tells you to worry about bottlenecking, or quotes bottleneck percentages at you, PUNCH THEM.

If you ever encounter a bottleneck...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

No, absolutely not. Bottlenecking is a badly misused term, and @JohnBonhamsGhost 's pointed out what it really is.

In fact, if you have a PC, it's possible that in one game, the CPU is the so-called "bottleneck" and in another game, the GPU is the bottleneck.

If anyone ever tells you to worry about bottlenecking, or quotes bottleneck percentages at you, PUNCH THEM.

If you ever encounter a bottleneck calculator website, put it on your blacklist of sites to avoid. They are worse than garbage.

The idea is to try to come up with a reasonably balanced system. Yes, it's possible to have some part out of proportion to another, but it doesn't cause harm.

If you ever have a system, and you, say, replace one part with a more powerful version (say, replacing your GPU with a newer, more capable one) there is NO WAY POSSIBLE that this will ever decrease performance.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Solution