bottom filter for psu missing

oldsnake88

Commendable
Mar 27, 2016
recently i just bought a second hand pc, and then I realized that the bottom filter of the case for psu are missing. is it going to be a big problem which cause significant damage to the psu or even the whole pc? can i just use the pc without the filter in long term?

Solution
Well, it would probably be OK, just get dustier faster. I don't think any of my Dells came with filters and the PSU's have lasted for years. It won't affect the other components. You could turn the PSU over and pull clean air from inside the case. There are many places where you can by custom filters for cases. You could also contact the case manufacturer and see if they sell extras.
Well, it would probably be OK, just get dustier faster. I don't think any of my Dells came with filters and the PSU's have lasted for years. It won't affect the other components. You could turn the PSU over and pull clean air from inside the case. There are many places where you can by custom filters for cases. You could also contact the case manufacturer and see if they sell extras.

Solution
you can create a cheap custom filter. possibly contact PC manufacturer for replacement parts. or, if not on carpet, probably get away with running it fine without the filter.

any type of fine mesh screen could be cut and fit to go where the original filter was. check with Lowes, ACE Hardware, etc.