[SOLVED] bought 2 cables (8pin pcie) to power (red devil 5700xt) but want to make sure (iam a noob)

Emad1990

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2014
hi guys

i bought 2 8pin pcie to power this gpu but one side has 8pin and the other has 6 the one going to psu !! see pics

as you can see in last pic they joined 2 lines in 1 maybe this is why its 6pin but is it ok or safe to power my gpu ?

thanks

Solution
Cablemods is a reliable vendor and they produce excellent products. It isn't clear from your response whether these cables were designed to work with your PSU make/model. PSU cables can vary widely in how they are wired, even if they use what appears to be a common connector (on the PSU end).

If they were designed for your PSU, they should work. However, it seems that you bought two cables (for your GPU) and they are wired differently. Is that correct?

Emad1990

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2014
From where did you purchase your braided cables? Are they specific for the make/model of your PSU?

hello my dear i got them from cablemode and yes they asked me about the gpu and the psu which is (seasonic focus px-850) but i choosed manually 2 8pin pcie as i know that this gpu need 2 !! the question is the 6pin end is it safe to use them or there is something wrong ? as you can see they connected 2 lines in 1 thats why its 6

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Cablemods is a reliable vendor and they produce excellent products. It isn't clear from your response whether these cables were designed to work with your PSU make/model. PSU cables can vary widely in how they are wired, even if they use what appears to be a common connector (on the PSU end).

If they were designed for your PSU, they should work. However, it seems that you bought two cables (for your GPU) and they are wired differently. Is that correct?

Solution

Emad1990

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2014

they ask you these questions my friend but you choose manually from a list, the 2 cables are the same gpu end 8 pin and psu 6 as shown which will go to an 8 pin psu connection

TRENDING THREADS