[SOLVED] Bought 2 case fans and not sure where to put is best

davidona

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Hi so i have a case with two fans on top ( one of them an exhaust and the other not) and 3 infront and a rear (exhaust) one, now i just bought two noctua fans to replace 2 old ones.
Since they are basically the better ones (the rest of the fans are not as good)
Im not sure where should i put my best fans

Solution
Yeah thay what i had earlier but wanted to try positive pressure.
But anyway, does it matter where i put the strongest fans?
There really is no absolute right and wrong when it comes to case cooling as long as you can keep things cool.

For all practical purposes....it probably doesn't matter.

After you get it how you want it....I would stress the CPU and GPU and see what the temps go to....and if they're good I'd leave it be.
Hi so i have a case with two fans on top ( one of them an exhaust and the other not) and 3 infront and a rear (exhaust) one, now i just bought two noctua fans to replace 2 old ones.
Since they are basically the better ones (the rest of the fans are not as good)
Im not sure where should i put my best fans
I would make the two on top both exhaust.
The three in front I would make intakes.
and leave the rear as exhaust.

Yeah thay what i had earlier but wanted to try positive pressure.
But anyway, does it matter where i put the strongest fans?
There really is no absolute right and wrong when it comes to case cooling as long as you can keep things cool.

After you get it how you want it....I would stress the CPU and GPU and see what the temps go to....and if they're good I'd leave it be.

Solution

davidona

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013

Ok thanks