Question Bought 3060 brand new, PC won’t boot

May 29, 2021
I got my 3060 delivered yesterday, put it in my PC, the PC booted once, I uninstalled my GTX 1070 drivers with UDD, then the NVIDIA driver installer said it couldn’t detect an NVIDIA device, I googled it and it said to reseat the graphics card so, I did. Then it wouldn’t boot at all, no power, fans don’t move, no led on the mobo. I tried with my old GTX 1070 in it and even tried with no GPU in since my CPU has integrated graphics but still nothing. My specs are listed below, I’ll list before my 3060 and after too.

Before the 3060 upgrade:
i7 9700k
32GB HyperX RAM running at 2666MHz
2TB SSD (non windows drive)
256GB SSD (windows drive)
1TB HDD
600W Power Supply, unsure on the make.

After the 3060 upgrade:
Before the 3060 upgrade:
i7 9700k
32GB HyperX RAM running at 2666MHz
RTX 3060
2TB SSD (non windows drive)
256GB SSD (windows drive)
1TB HDD
600W Power Supply

I have just changed the GPU to a 3060
Any ideas or help would be appreciated

May 26, 2021
Try resetting the bios by removing the CMOS battery and unplugging the pc from socket for few seconds to minutes, if that didn't work try booting with only one stick of ram, yes I know what does ram have to do with this but sometimes it works. good luck.

Reactions: Veekal

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm a little concerned about the PSU for the long-term health of this rig. Not knowing what the most important part of your PC is tends to be kinda worrisome. I'd want to make sure any power delivery issues were sorted out before putting in a far more expensive PSU, even if it only requires 20-30 more watts.

Reactions: Veekal
May 29, 2021
Try resetting the bios by removing the CMOS battery and unplugging the pc from socket for few seconds to minutes, if that didn't work try booting with only one stick of ram, yes I know what does ram have to do with this but sometimes it works. good luck.
Tried resetting CMOS, forgot to add to the post. Havent tried with the one stick of RAM yet. Will give it a go when I’m home
Have you uninstall the previous drivers using ddu before plugging out the 1070 to swap it?
I uninstalled the 1070 drivers after putting the 3060 in.
I'm a little concerned about the PSU for the long-term health of this rig. Not knowing what the most important part of your PC is tends to be kinda worrisome. I'd want to make sure any power delivery issues were sorted out before putting in a far more expensive PSU, even if it only requires 20-30 more watts.
The PC itself was built in 2017, I bought it pre built and the only thing I’ve changed/updated was going from 16GB ram to 32GB ram and the 1070 to 3060

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
If it's a prebuilt it's most likely a no brand/low quality psu. So if i was you, i would DEFINITELY look into upgrading. 90% of the prebuilt to save money cut corners, and guess what? PSU is one of those corners in most cases. This might not necessarily apply to you, but please do tell what do you see on the psu. Or take a pic atleast and upload it somewhere.

May 29, 2021
If it's a prebuilt it's most likely a no brand/low quality psu. So if i was you, i would DEFINITELY look into upgrading. 90% of the prebuilt to save money cut corners, and guess what? PSU is one of those corners in most cases. This might not necessarily apply to you, but please do tell what do you see on the psu. Or take a pic atleast and upload it somewhere.
I’ll take a pic of my PSU once I’m home, thanks for your help and info so far

May 29, 2021
Doesn't change the basic issue. This is the most important information to know. I can't ethically recommend anyone or assist anyone in using a very expensive GPU without this basic information.
Well, I’m not the most knowledgable regarding PSUs, hence why I posted on here, I appreciate any help or information though