Question Bought a "2021" Vizio M-Series 55" Display

fevanson

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I recently bought a "2021" Vizio M-Series 55" Model Number; M55Q7-H1. I am using the HDMI 2.1 backend with an 18gbps cable and enabled hdr through windows color settings, fed by an RTX 2060 Super. I have low latency mode on, games look great like COD: MW and others. I enabled Gsync (VRR on display) through nvidia control panel and it looks like games are rendering at 30fps and have flickering bugs, is there a way to fix this or should I disable GSYNC?

D

Deleted member 14196

disable gsync, you should not run it unless the tv or monitor explicit says it supports it

turn off any ECO bs that is turned on the tv, also turn off all motion blur and any "enhancement" effects for best picture. make sure to calibrate the display to the settings that look best to you for what you use it for.

Reactions: fevanson

fevanson

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
disable gsync, you should not run it unless the tv or monitor explicit says it supports it

Thanks, I am still playing around with settings and hopefully will have this tv optimized for all PC use scenarios soon, but gsync disabled fixes the issue. The tv just came out so there are no reviews or calibration guides yet, however it is amazing to see local dimming in HDR enabled games.

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
Even I bought a Vizio V series TV some time ago and it is doing pretty well. Mine is a 70" model and I think the features of these smart MediaTek powered TVs are pretty amazing. About your issue, I think you should should disable GSYNC because sometimes it causes issues while you play demanding games and decreases the efficiency of the display as well. I don't think this is any other solution to this and you can check YouTube for better solutions.