Question Bought a brand new pc! Got FATAL ERROR at the first test AND system @ STOCK !?!

Jul 11, 2021
So, i just bought a brand new computer about a week ago and decided to run Prime95 today to see how is the hardware doing, and i got a bad surprise. I ran prime95 with the system stock cfgs, and within 10 minutes mark i always getting this error:

FATAL ERROR: Final result was 00000000, expected: E3CA2ED9.

And the prime95 shuts itself down.

The computer is:

Intel Core i7-10700K cooled by Scythe Fuma 2
ASUS PRIME Z490M-PLUS
HyperX Fury, 8GB, 2666MHz, DDR4, CL16 x 2
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (placeholder because i live in a banana republic where a video card is costing the price of a new car because of bitcoin boom and unstable dollar prices)
KINGSTON SA400S37240G
KINGSTON SA400S37480G
Corsair 550W 80 Plus Bronze CX550

Link with some images: View: https://imgur.com/a/TTmWmNh

Failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
HWmonitor has a section that shows cpu temperatures.
If you see a max of 100c. the processor has detected a dangerous temperature and will shut down or throttle to protect itself.
What is the make/model of your case, and what is the cooling fan arrangement?

Reactions: Alexmgbd
Jul 11, 2021
Failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
HWmonitor has a section that shows cpu temperatures.
If you see a max of 100c. the processor has detected a dangerous temperature and will shut down or throttle to protect itself.
What is the make/model of your case, and what is the cooling fan arrangement?

If you see my imgur link, you'll see the screenshots of temps, and labels of which time i took them. Doesnt seen to be an heat issue since the test always fail at an specific time of the test (exactly always at 9 mins and i forgot the seconds) and returns the error i'v mentioned in the first post!

my case is a Corsair Carbide Series 175R

Bought from where?
Prebuilt, or your own assembly?

Iv bought it from an internet store where i live (banana republic of Brazil) and its my own assembly iv bought the parts separately, but from the same store. I'v ran a Memtest86 for 3 hours and unfortunately the memories sticks are in perfect condition, but i have to run it again for 6 hours as it is a rule from where i got my computer degree at. Which narrow things down to more expensive and harder path of parts to RMA around here if thats the case.

below are the Memtest86 shots:

View: https://imgur.com/a/IpX1zcw