Question Bought a Gigabyte IPS G27F last week and spotted 4 areas of backlight bleeding. Should I go return it or keep it?

p_p_p_p

Commendable
Mar 30, 2019
Posting this because I found one reddit post that said that their monitor's backlight bleed seem to disappear after a month and this wondered me if my monitor backlight bleed could maybe somewhat disappear after a while.

Here's 2 of the same photos, one that's normal and the other one that has circles to spot where I see backlight bleeding because cameras seem to make it look worse than in person.

View: https://imgur.com/Pcs3Vih

View: https://imgur.com/W3pldkA

Would it be better to return it or keep it? Brightness is at 85.

Too much light in the scene to say for sure, unplug the keyboard and get rid of whatever light source is casting that shadow on the wall.

That being said, do you even notice the bleed in daily use? Two of my monitors have worse backlight bleed than that but I have yet to notice it in typical use, ive been running them for years now.

p_p_p_p

Commendable
Mar 30, 2019
If it bothers you, yes.

But you will be hard pressed to find one without it.

That's kind of the reason why I made this. I'm around the middle of it bothering me and it not bothering me and I feel like if I buy a replacement or a different monitor it's gonna be worse.

I've been planning to buy the AOC 27G2 if I return it but looking at reviews of it and posts of it of it being defective it's looks much worse than having spots of backlight bleeding. And another issue is that there aren't much height adjustable IPS gaming monitors around my budget and the gigabyte monitor I have now is currently out of stock which means I can't get a replacement.

I could either buy a VA panel curved gaming monitor because for some reason there's a lot of it in stock on amazon or buy the 27G2 and hope that I get lucky.

p_p_p_p

Commendable
Mar 30, 2019
Too much light in the scene to say for sure, unplug the keyboard and get rid of whatever light source is casting that shadow on the wall.

That being said, do you even notice the bleed in daily use? Two of my monitors have worse backlight bleed than that but I have yet to notice it in typical use, ive been running them for years now.

I only see it during black scenes or just looking at a plain black screen. I don't see it when I'm playing a game.

Do I see the bleed in daily use? I mean I sometimes look at it when it's visible if that counts of daily use, but overall I guess half of the time.