EzTec

Distinguished
Why the H1...
Hey everyone, hope you're all doing absolutely amazing! so... I know the H1 v1 isn't the most popular case for its history but I think it's an absolute beauty... I was torn between the meshlicious and this case... I was going to buy the meshlicious but Newegg had the H1 v1 @ $129.99 that was Refurbished (the PSU) comes with everything like the AIO, the PSU, and new riser cable.

The Question...
The burning question I have... I can't buy two fans and test and return one to Amazon.... well maybe I could but I am VERY interested in the Phanteks T30-120mm fan the only problem is that it's a 30mm thick fan, and normal fans are 25mm... I saw someone using a 27mm fan reporting that it was fine with the radiator but barely so Idk if theres a spec sheet anywhere saying the maximum height for the fan support ??? Otherwise I may be forced to Noctua which is still very good but the T30 is so much better right now.

BTW I'm located in Colombia now so anything I get it takes a little while to get to me so any help is appreciated, I can't exactly order next day and test/return at the speed of being back in the states.

Lutfij

Titan
The V1 was recalled for a good reason(fire)...and thus came the V2. In fact if you were a little patient, you could've gotten the Meshroom S which is an improvement over the Meshlicious case(I'm over on the SFF forums as well and have a soft spot for small form factor builds).

In small form factor builds, every millimeter is either gained or lost. In the case of the V1, if you don't follow through the build guide, you're left with worse temps. Air also needs space to move/turn and exit or enter. I'd avoid the T30's. If you had disposable funds, then perhaps yes you could've gotten them and did your tests but in this day and age with inflation, I'd ask you to play it safe.

Last edited:

EzTec

Distinguished
The V1 was recalled for a good reason(fire)...and thus came the V2. In fact if you were a little patient, you could've gotten the Meshroom S which is an improvement over the Meshlicious case(I'm over on the SFF forums as well and have a soft spot for small form factor builds).

In small form factor built, every millimeter is either gained or lost. In the case of the V1, if you don't follow through the build guide, you're left with worse temps. Air also needs space to move/turn and exit or enter. I'd avoid the T30's. If you had disposable funds, then perhaps yes you could've gotten them and did your tests but in this day and age with inflation, I'd ask you to play it safe.

Hey buddy yeah I hear ya, you know I've seen more videos than I care to admit to about the temps on the H1 v1, outside of it's fire hazard of Christmas's past I don't believe the case to be bad in any degree. The fact that is was fixed, I honestly think just by them adding a rear exhaust in the original chasis which could be tweaked would have been perfect, they did this but by making it overall larger which I'm not a fan of.

Either way, I'm getting a mesh front-panel off of Etsy, gonna have a guy I know here do some work on the rear area of the case to do a small cutout around the HDD/SSD tray for an exhaust and some other things that I had in mind.

Overall the meshlicious is nice, I just don't like that it's a little bigger depth wise than the H1 v1, otherwise a beautiful case and I may pick one up in the future but I'm really eager to build in this case, do some very small mods to it and enjoy my gaming/streaming.

I'll leave JayzTwoCents video here for anyone curious about thermals... just watched it again... can you get good thermals absolutely.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7hBuzQBsyA

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS