Question Bought a new Asus RX 6700xt. Furmark giving low FPS. Should I replace it or is it AMD driver issue ?

Nov 12, 2022
I just got an asus RX 6700xt OC edition card. This card comes with 1 x 6 pin and 1 x 8 pin connector. There are two LEDs associated with each pin connector (basically an indicator to show power is drawing into the GPU), but none turned white when I turned on my PSU (btw I'm using 650w Gigabyte PSU). To check if the LEDs are working fine or not, I removed an 8-pin connector and the LED turned red. That means they are working fine but do not glow up white when turning on the GPU.

After installing AMD driver 22.7.1 and running furmark 0.8.13.0. I got 35 to 10 fps on OpenGL core 3.2.0 and 400 fps on OpenGL core 4.0.0. GPU voltage also spikes from 0 to 800 mV.

I got this card around $430. Is there any problem with the current driver or should I ask for a replacement.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I just got an asus RX 6700xt OC edition card. This card comes with 1 x 6 pin and 1 x 8 pin connector. There are two LEDs associated with each pin connector (basically an indicator to show power is drawing into the GPU), but none turned white when I turned on my PSU (btw I'm using 650w Gigabyte PSU). To check if the LEDs are working fine or not, I removed an 8-pin connector and the LED turned red. That means they are working fine but do not glow up white when turning on the GPU.

After installing AMD driver 22.7.1 and running furmark 0.8.13.0. I got 35 to 10 fps on OpenGL core 3.2.0 and 400 fps on OpenGL core 4.0.0. GPU voltage also spikes from 0 to 800 mV.

I got this card around $430. Is there any problem with the current driver or should I ask for a replacement.

If the power led's don't light up, I'd return the card and ask for replacement!
Got to remember that everything needs to work to your liking, or it won't be money well spent, especially if the card is asus and I'd certainly expect that if it where a ROG asus.