Bought a New GPU and PSU but still bad FPS

CallumDingy

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I bought a new GPU (Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB) and i added a new PSU (500W) to my Pc which is currently running an A8-7600K APU and 8GB RAM ( 8 x 1 ) And since i bought this new GPU my FPS has only gone up by around 20FPS ive tried many options but none how seemed to change, my theory was that i will need a new CPU and Motherboard. When I go on the Nvidia GeForce Experience Application, i am able to omptimize games in my library to the settings my PC 'should' be able to run however im not ever getting 30FPS, and in games like CSGO, in 800x600 Resolution all low settings im getting 50 Lowest and and average of 70-80 and my highestest 11, Id appreciate any help possible to solve my problem, also when i go in some games i get a Norton Performance Alert saying that im getting High CPU Usage. (Also my RAM speed is 1600Mhz DDR3 with a 1TB HHD)

Solution
Your CPU is bottlenecking the card. You cant get any more out of your GPU until you upgrade CPU. 20fps is a good increase in your situation, but keep an eye on CPU temps if you're getting high usage warnings.