Question I bought a "new" laptop but seems like it's been used before ?

Sep 23, 2024
Hello!

I bought this laptop on 11.09.2023 as a new device.

Through "AMD software" I just recently discovered that there is a 748 hours (31.1 days) play-time in a game called "Alien Isolation". Never in my life I knew that this game existed. Also this device came with a
Windows demo account already set up . This makes me think that this laptop was used before I bought it.

The problem is that the amd software shows that this game was played 257 days ago and the support center of the shop where I bought this device states that I'm the one who played this game.

Is there a way I could prove that this device was used before i bought it?

Thank you in advance.

KingLoki

Great
Jul 10, 2024
If it has a demo account, shops use this when on display for customers to have a look around and get a hands-on before buying. It's called a Retail-Demo Account. Sounds like it could have been a display model then boxed up and sealed for delivery to you.
Time-frame wise the Squirrel has a point for time frames.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Sep 23, 2024
If it has a demo account, shops use this when on display for customers to have a look around and get a hands-on before buying. It's called a Retail-Demo Account. Sounds like it could have been a display model then boxed up and sealed for delivery to you.
Time-frame wise the Squirrel has a point for time frames.
yeah thats a possibilty but i have no idea how to prove that

Sep 23, 2024
What is the reason for you eanting to know this after approx 12 months?
Because i wanted to edit game resolution settings for r6 siege and up on opening AMD software discovered that theres this game that has been played for more than 700 h. Just the tought of getting a used computer that was displayed as new and paying a full price for it doest sit right with me.

KingLoki

Great
Jul 10, 2024
True, not the way to conduct business. If it is a game installed on the hard drive, check Control Panel-Programs & Features and check the install date of the game in question.

Sep 23, 2024
True, not the way to conduct business. If it is a game installed on the hard drive, check Control Panel-Programs & Features and check the install date of the game in question.
There is no entry for this game in Control Panel->Programs & Features.

KingLoki

Great
Jul 10, 2024
The more important info in the sysyem log is a change of date entry. Also the important one here is when the game was installed. Did you look in control panel?