[SOLVED] Bought a new Mobo, SSD, GPU, and Ram

Aristedes

Reputable
Oct 20, 2016
Hello I recently just went and bought some new parts (RAM, GPU, MOBO, SSD) and am planning on rebuilding and or upgrading my PC tomorrow. I do have several concerns though since this is my first time upgrading my pc (Not building just upgrading).
Anyways, I had a couple questions I wanted to know.

Would I have any problems putting my old CPU into the new MOBO?
If I already had Windows 10 and all my previous things on my 1Tb HDD how does that conflict with my SSD?
Thanks for taking the time to read/assist and I'm open to any tips you guys may have.

Solution
Oh yeah my bad
So of the parts I currently have, an I5 7500, and I cant quite remember my PSU
And of the ones I recently bought
ASrock b250 pro4 LGA1151
Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 16gb (2pk 8gb)
PNY Geforce GTX1660 XLR8 overclocked edition
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD

Why did you buy another motherboard if you are keeping that same CPU? A motherboard is one of the last things you change if you want to upgrade, unless you are doing overclocking on the CPU and RAM and need a higher end motherboard to handle it, and even then you are better off upgrading the CPU not the motherboard.

For moving to the SSD, remove all the existing drives, plug in your new SSD and do a clean Windows setup on that. You can then plug in your old drive...
Hello I recently just went and bought some new parts (RAM, GPU, MOBO, SSD) and am planning on rebuilding and or upgrading my PC tomorrow. I do have several concerns though since this is my first time upgrading my pc (Not building just upgrading).
Anyways, I had a couple questions I wanted to know.

Would I have any problems putting my old CPU into the new MOBO?
If I already had Windows 10 and all my previous things on my 1Tb HDD how does that conflict with my SSD?
Thanks for taking the time to read/assist and I'm open to any tips you guys may have.
With those components it's actually same as building new system. Things to look for, size of MB and PSU.

Aristedes

Reputable
Oct 20, 2016
Can you specify the parts in your PC and also the parts that you bought so it's easier for us to help you?
Oh yeah my bad
ASrock b250 pro4 LGA1151

Oh yeah my bad
ASrock b250 pro4 LGA1151

Why did you buy another motherboard if you are keeping that same CPU? A motherboard is one of the last things you change if you want to upgrade, unless you are doing overclocking on the CPU and RAM and need a higher end motherboard to handle it, and even then you are better off upgrading the CPU not the motherboard.

For moving to the SSD, remove all the existing drives, plug in your new SSD and do a clean Windows setup on that. You can then plug in your old drive and re-install your programs. Unless you old drive has used disk space less than your new drive you won't be able to just clone it, you need a clean Windows setup.

Solution

Aristedes

Reputable
Oct 20, 2016

For moving to the SSD, remove all the existing drives, plug in your new SSD and do a clean Windows setup on that. You can then plug in your old drive and re-install your programs. Unless you old drive has used disk space less than your new drive you won't be able to just clone it, you need a clean Windows setup.
My previous motherboard had been damaged