Noud027

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Hi,
In January I bought a new pc. It was used for about a month, and then sold to me.
It was about 900 euro's including all kinds of accessoires (monitor, sound system and such)
In some games I get average framerates (using fraps), even though I'd expect high ones.

These are the components:

• Housing: Cooler Master CM Storm Sniper Black
• Processor: Intel Core I7 950 3,06Ghz Quad Core
• Graphics Card: Palit Geforce GTX 570
• RAM: Kingston HyperX triple channel 6GB pc12800 1600Mhz
• Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
• Power Supply: Corsair TX850 850W 20+24 pins
• Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

What would be the weakest part?
Or is there just something else wrong?

Thanks in advance

By and large, it looks balanced to me.

For most games, the graphics card is the weakest link.

If you want to explore options a bit, run these two tests:

a) Run your games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.

b) Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 50%.

Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
set to 50% and see how you do.

If your FPS drops significantly, it is an indicator that your cpu is the limiting factor, and a cpu upgrade is in order.

It is possible that both tests are positive, indicating that you have a well balanced system, and both cpu and gpu need to be upgraded to get better gaming FPS.

Nice system.

Next upgrade... disk unless you hit a game that needs more video. Video is strong, could be stronger. You have a ton of CPU/memory, and can OC the i7 a bit. Disk pricing is still recovering from the thai flooding. When price drops consider a raid0 array to improve boot and level load times. Your X58 MB supports it using intel drivers.

TRENDING THREADS