[SOLVED] Bought a new PCIE wifi adapter, doesn't work.

Oct 4, 2020
Hi ya'll. I've got a new cudy wifi 6 pcie adapter(we3000s specifically). I plugged it in and installed drivers but it doesn't work. I went to device manager, it's not normally there, it shows up as a hidden device. I went to Driver Easy to see if I can do anything about it and it shows up as a disconnected device. I have tried moving the adapter from slot to slot. Motherboard is a X370 Crosshair 6 Hero, CPU Ryzen 7 1700. Also, I have no idea where ( Moderator edit: keep it clean please ) the usb 2.0 adapter is on my motherboard and I cannot find anything relating to that, so I'd like some help on that too if possible.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hi ya'll. I've got a new cudy wifi 6 pcie adapter(we3000s specifically). I plugged it in and installed drivers but it doesn't work. I went to device manager, it's not normally there, it shows up as a hidden device. I went to Driver Easy to see if I can do anything about it and it shows up as a disconnected device. I have tried moving the adapter from slot to slot. Motherboard is a X370 Crosshair 6 Hero, CPU Ryzen 7 1700. Also, I have no idea where ( Moderator edit: keep it clean please ) the usb 2.0 adapter is on my motherboard and I cannot find anything relating to that, so I'd like some help on that too if possible.

Thanks!
Not sure why it's not working. It's only compatible with Win 10 (also MAC OS and Linux). Are you using...

Thanks!
Not sure why it's not working. It's only compatible with Win 10 (also MAC OS and Linux). Are you using Win 7 or 8? I can help you with the USB 2 header (see pic).
Here's a link to your MB manual if you wish to verify it.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...I-HERO/E12601_CROSSHAIR_VI_HERO_UM_V3_WEB.pdf

Ln9Uc4c.png

Last edited:
Solution