Discussion Bought a new prebuilt system on Sunday for an unbelievably low price

So last weekend I was on a big deparment store, we don't have many of them in my country, and I saw something I could not believe.

They were on sale on different products when I got close to this brand new (not used) desktop PC from Viewsonic

Mobo: Asrock A320M-HDV
CPU: Athlon 3000G (Dali)
RAM: 4GB DDR4 2666 from Adata
SSD 240GB Western Digital Green
PSU: a horrible one, labeled 600 watts, barely ~180 watts (real), but working.
Windows 10 Home SL, original and activated
Small, yet very decent mATX case with extra room for more HDDs and SDDs + several 120mm fan spots.
Horrible Keyboard and Mouse, and strangely enough decent Speakers for the size and weight.

all that for ~ US$ 150

So of course I got it. I been wanting to build an HTPC (current prices and availability didn't help) and this was just right for that function.

Needless to say there is no way anyone here can build a PC with this components for that price, even less one that comes with an ogirinal Windows 10 license.

I already got another (same model) 4GB DDR4 2666 Adata RAM stick, which is working without issues in dual channel.
Also got EVGA 600 watts PSU (I know is overkill for this but perhaps in the future I may add a low power discrete GPU and change the CPU)

Anyways, just wanted to share this because, I still can't believe what I pay for it.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
So last weekend I was on a big deparment store, we don't have many of them in my country, and I saw something I could not believe.

They were on sale on different products when I got close to this brand new (not used) desktop PC from Viewsonic

Mobo: Asrock A320M-HDV
CPU: Athlon 3000G (Dali)
RAM: 4GB DDR4 2666 from Adata
SSD 240GB Western Digital Green
PSU: a horrible one, labeled 600 watts, barely ~180 watts (real), but working.
Windows 10 Home SL, original and activated
Small, yet very decent mATX case with extra room for more HDDs and SDDs + several 120mm fan spots.
Horrible Keyboard and Mouse, and strangely enough decent Speakers for the size and weight.

all that for ~ US$ 150

So of course I got it. I been wanting to build an HTPC (current prices and availability didn't help) and this was just right for that function.

Needless to say there is no way anyone here can build a PC with this components for that price, even less one that comes with an ogirinal Windows 10 license.

I already got another (same model) 4GB DDR4 2666 Adata RAM stick, which is working without issues in dual channel.
Also got EVGA 600 watts PSU (I know is overkill for this but perhaps in the future I may add a low power discrete GPU and change the CPU)

Anyways, just wanted to share this because, I still can't believe what I pay for it.

Nice! €150 is shockingly low. Perfect for HTPC/Plex server. I've been looking to pick up something like that in Ireland (we never get close on prices to US prices), but for something similarly specced, would be looking at €250-300 easy.

Good spot.

Reactions: RodroX
Nice! €150 is shockingly low. Perfect for HTPC/Plex server. I've been looking to pick up something like that in Ireland (we never get close on prices to US prices), but for something similarly specced, would be looking at €250-300 easy.

Good spot.

Thank you, yeah it was an insane purchase. Sometimes you just have to be on the right place in the right time.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
yeah, i'd say you saved ~$100-150 for a decent office or basic browsing system.
strangely enough decent Speakers for the size and weight
i've been surprised many times by the included speakers with the cheapest systems.

i still have a pair that came with a cheap starter build from ~2000 that even today sound better than a lot of the major manufacturer's "higher-end" desktop models.
i spray painted them black, from the ugly beige everything was back then, ~15 years ago and still have them attached to one of our systems.

yeah, i'd say you saved ~$100-150 for a decent office or basic browsing system.

i've been surprised many times by the included speakers with the cheapest systems.

i still have a pair that came with a cheap starter build from ~2000 that even today sound better than a lot of the major manufacturer's "higher-end" desktop models.
i spray painted them black, from the ugly beige everything was back then, ~15 years ago and still have them attached to one of our systems.

Yes, this are really tiny, they still sound pretty good for been "free".