Question Bought a Pc combo, got my HDD damaged

Dec 10, 2019
I bought a chinese motherboard+processor+ram combo from aliexpress, it is an xeon processor.

In order to check if it was working fine, i took 3 drives from my other Pc's i have at home

First was an HDD which i had on my AMD Fx processor pc with windows 10
which was working fine

I tried and it posted but didnt boot, i got the error "insert boot media in selected bood device and press a key"

I gave up with that so i tried with a second drive which is an Nvme i have with my ryzen pc and windows 10, the Nvme never was detected ( yeah that mobo have an Nvme port )

Then i tried third drive which was an HDD that i had on my laptop which had an intel Processor and windows 10, it never was detected, it was not even posting, so it stopped giving video signal.

I ended giving up, and putting everything back where it was, the video card started working again on my old setup, but the drive was dead, i had to install windows again and lost all my information.

So now i dont know if i should buy a new drive only for the new chinese combo, or take the one from my laptop and reinstall windows on it, or just dispute the purchase because the mobo is faulty or something, any advice?

Dec 10, 2019
Also any thoughts on what happened there? At first i was thinking it was just that they were not compatible by being windows 10 instaled on AMD processors then trying it on Intel xeon processors. What do you guys think