Bought A Prebuilt System. Did I get scammed?

Solution
Yeah, I'd say it seems a very reasonably price. The price listed on that site right now is about $1300 CAD, which actually works out to around $1025 USD at the moment, before tax. Doing a quick estimate of the cost of components and a Windows license, I figure it would likely cost over $1000 USD (pre-tax) to build a comparable system right now, even if you went with some cheaper components. It's probably best not to compare the prices after tax, since those can vary depending on the country, or even between different states in the US.
So, what’s your concern? Are the specs of the computer you received different than the listing?

It seems like a decent price for a prebuilt. It should do what you want well enough. I would have opted for a 6GB GTX 1060. If it wasn’t too much extra. It’s not that big of a deal.

usernameisnoname

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

how do i check PSU brand? Do I just open it and the PSU would say the brand?

Yeah, I'd say it seems a very reasonably price. The price listed on that site right now is about $1300 CAD, which actually works out to around $1025 USD at the moment, before tax. Doing a quick estimate of the cost of components and a Windows license, I figure it would likely cost over $1000 USD (pre-tax) to build a comparable system right now, even if you went with some cheaper components. It's probably best not to compare the prices after tax, since those can vary depending on the country, or even between different states in the US.

Solution

usernameisnoname

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

right ok thanks. When I said tax included I meant it cost 1300 CAD without tax 1500 CAD (around) with tax so I spent 1500 CAD on it or 1000-1000 USD :)

TRENDING THREADS