[SOLVED] Bought a "Tray" Ryzen 5 3600 from a known retailer - is it ok?

ligonsker

Commendable
Dec 19, 2019
The retailer is one of the largest known in my country.
There was no box version in stock. I already have a cooler though.
But other than that, is there anything to worry, or that I need to check to make sure everything is OK?

Ty

Solution
....I should not worry about warranty?
If the retailer is reputable they'll probably provide a warranty. It doesn't have to be long since something like a CPU operated full-stock will fail very early in life...or pretty much never. So just a 90 days warranty from the retailer should be enough; even just a couple weeks would do.

I'd install it in-system, set it up and run a 'burn-in' cycle 24/7 for a 3 or 4 days. If it passes that (and it most likely will) it will last a long time...longer than you'll find it useful for certain.

ligonsker

Commendable
Dec 19, 2019
I've never had CPU die on me, so if I don't worry about it suddenly dying (I don't overclock, but since it's Ryzen, the only overclock I might do is the automatic one), I should not worry about warranty?

....I should not worry about warranty?
If the retailer is reputable they'll probably provide a warranty. It doesn't have to be long since something like a CPU operated full-stock will fail very early in life...or pretty much never. So just a 90 days warranty from the retailer should be enough; even just a couple weeks would do.

I'd install it in-system, set it up and run a 'burn-in' cycle 24/7 for a 3 or 4 days. If it passes that (and it most likely will) it will last a long time...longer than you'll find it useful for certain.

Last edited:
Reactions: ligonsker
Solution

ligonsker

Commendable
Dec 19, 2019

You're right, I just checked and it says "3 years warranty" and "official importer", so I do get warranty by the importer! good find, thank you

Definitely! I just recently powered on a Core 2 Quad Q8200 PC that I found in the garage. These things don't die!

Reactions: drea.drechsler

TRENDING THREADS