Bought an Asus for School and Gaming (Cant Game???)

theabbott1911

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
So just today I went out and bought a rather pricy laptop for both portability and power. There were two models of this laptop to choose from so I went with the nicer of the two (the one that had a dedicated graphics card) so that I may play simple games like League Of Legends.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/7289029.p?id=1219262038351&skuId=7289029

Upon arriving home I fire up the computer and download the game. The first time I tried the game I was getting upwards of around 112 fps! This seemed understandable because of the graphics card, but the next time I fired it up I was only getting 20-30fps on the lowest settings!!!. . .

Should I return the laptop? Is it possible that I received a faulty laptop? These are a few of my questions that I need you guys to help me with.

**I know this laptop is not intended for gaming but by having a dedicated card it should at least run League...**

Thank you all so much for your help!

VIPChristian

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
I would do some research on Tweaking your settings. I am not an expert but I know there are alot of little details that will help the games you play run smoother. I did see it mentioned that i5 cpu's run games better, not sure why though.
I also read that AMD cpu's will not run older games as the cpu gets newer, so I am not sure what to make of it.
I am looking for a gaming laptop too, 17" or bigger and it's impossible to find the Best one ?
The Rog from asus seems good but, I think as consumers we are all getting ripped off.
Why should it be so difficult, here is a list :
#1.
#2.
etc etc.
Good Luck Brother!

theabbott1911

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
Yeah see if I were going to get a laptop strictly for playing games I would've gone for a gaming laptop such as the one mentioned above. The reason I can't don't something like that is battery life, weight and size. This laptop has to be very portable. I guess my refined question is "will this laptop be able to run any games?". Thanks again for the responses!

iballew

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Yes, your laptop should be capable of playing games fairly well(especially league of legends). Make sure it is plugged in while you're gaming. It is common for laptops to heavily throttle the gpu to save power while running on battery power.

VIPChristian

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

Hi hang-the-9
Thank You
VIP Christian