[SOLVED] Bought an extra stick of ram now crashes

Turbo1994

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
I bought a new stick of ram in addition to my old one (the one in my sig I bought the same one) and now with both of them in the pc I get random bsods while on google chrome and such but when I start up a game like assassins creed origins it almost crashes within a minute.
Now I have tried both sticks seperately and everything is fine no crashes but once I have them both in ( in the correct slots) it starts crashing again, I checked with cpu-z if the frequencies are the same and they are indeed the same frequency.
Anyone has any ideas ?

Turbo1994

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
That is usually the best way to proceed.
Ok I'll check into it also, 2x8 or 1x16 because I've seen some 16gb sticks that were definitely compatible with my mobo. Oh and I turned on xmp and have let the game run for a bit now did the benchmark aswell and no crash as of yet so but if that fails I'll just go and get new ram oh and thanks for the help!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2 sticks in the same blister pack are checked by the factory out of the thousands of sticks produced daily as being compatible to work well with each other. 2 sticks, even identical, from 2 different blister packs are not factory tested, that makes you the tester. In this case, the ram you are now testing fails, so you can either spend lots of time in returns/rma (which makes nobody happy other than the mailman/ups/fed-ex) or replace with 2 sticks somebody already guarantees work.

Turbo1994

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
2 sticks in the same blister pack are checked by the factory out of the thousands of sticks produced daily as being compatible to work well with each other. 2 sticks, even identical, from 2 different blister packs are not factory tested, that makes you the tester. In this case, the ram you are now testing fails, so you can either spend lots of time in returns/rma (which makes nobody happy other than the mailman/ups/fed-ex) or replace with 2 sticks somebody already guarantees work.
Ah never knew it was factory tested to work together thought they just put em in but I'll definitely buy a kit of 2 if this fails more thanks!