[SOLVED] Bought an Fx8350 and my mb is a ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 AM3

Feb 15, 2019
I did not see the + by the AM3 on this proc so could someone point me to a decent replacement that wont break me, I am running DDR3 ram with a nvidia 1050.Thanks

Solution
Avoid asus on that series, I've had a phenom x4 965 BE, had 2 faulty M4A88TD PRO then replaced for the very same TV EVO/USB3 garbage, failed with little less than an year, then went with an dfi lanparty until i replaced the entire thing. Prior to that, an A7N8X-X also faulty...

Older asus boards sucks, tbh Asus is garbage still... just go for anything but asus for an AM3 chip, and no AM3+ if im not wrong is for the bulldozer series, so they arent compatible
Feb 15, 2019
Im sorry I was not clear in my thread, I would like to keep the 8350 but replace the motherboard and most only seem to have the standard 3 port audio jacks and I use 6.

Avoid asus on that series, I've had a phenom x4 965 BE, had 2 faulty M4A88TD PRO then replaced for the very same TV EVO/USB3 garbage, failed with little less than an year, then went with an dfi lanparty until i replaced the entire thing. Prior to that, an A7N8X-X also faulty...

Older asus boards sucks, tbh Asus is garbage still... just go for anything but asus for an AM3 chip, and no AM3+ if im not wrong is for the bulldozer series, so they arent compatible

Solution