[SOLVED] Bought Asus prime x670e-pro and G-skill DDR5-6400 CL32. Compatibility issues?

Dec 3, 2022
Hello all!

First PC build already bought all parts due to Black Friday sales.
I picked all the parts using pc part picker website so didn't check the compatibility anywhere else.

AMD 7950x
Motherboard - Asus prime x670e-pro-wifi (which claims to support up to 6400 oc)
Memory - G-skill trident Z5 DDR5-6400 (F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5Rk)

The problem is I looked at the Asus's memory support website for this motherboard (my mistake for not looking before buying) and my ram is not listed on there. The highest ram listed there for G.SKILL is the F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RS which is only DDR5-6000 so I am wondering if this will cause any problems.

I would prefer not to return and buy another if possible.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see how things go after the parts come in and you build with said parts. Once you're up and running with the base(default settings/clocks), make sure you've updated the BIOS on the motherboard(using a spare pen drive and the BIOS file while on your current system) and then enable X.M.P or manually input the timings, frequency and voltage as advertised on the sticker into BIOS. The reason I say update your BIOS is due to the fact that the platform is yet to show signs of maturity. memory causing issues were also seen on AMD's prior outing on the AM4 socket. It was only after a good number of A.G.E.S.A updates came to be whereby people were able to drop in just about any ram kit known to...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see how things go after the parts come in and you build with said parts. Once you're up and running with the base(default settings/clocks), make sure you've updated the BIOS on the motherboard(using a spare pen drive and the BIOS file while on your current system) and then enable X.M.P or manually input the timings, frequency and voltage as advertised on the sticker into BIOS. The reason I say update your BIOS is due to the fact that the platform is yet to show signs of maturity. memory causing issues were also seen on AMD's prior outing on the AM4 socket. It was only after a good number of A.G.E.S.A updates came to be whereby people were able to drop in just about any ram kit known to mankind.

Picking a memory kit shown in the QVL would mean that you have a ram kit that was previously tested in Asus's labs prior to launch, meaning it's going to work out of the box.

Solution