Jan 8, 2020
Bought this little guy for $25 CAD has CPU ram no GPU power supply cooler master RS-460-PSAT-JS along with a gigabyte motherboard GA-MA785GM-US2H. No hard drive however I put in a 1TB Seagate.

Beeps 5 times last beep is a short-beep rest are long beeps. Continues to beep until it reaches 12-14 beeps. Turns off automatically. Based off my anaologly this is probably defective ram or a CPU, however it could also be the fact it doesn’t have a graphics card installed. (Have one at my other place). Computer does not display any images or bios. I reset bios nothing seemed to happened probably a defective part or something is missing

Just to make sure could we come up with some solutions just to decipher down to the actual problem at hand? Thank you all for your time and patience.

This motherboard has an onboard graphics chip:
Integrated ATI Radeon HD4200 graphics

clear CMOS by jumper (power off, unplug power from the outlet, shorten the clrCMOS jumper pins)

Is the motherboard on a non conducting surface?

Is a CPU cooler installed? Does the fan of it spin?

How did you connect a monitor to it? VGA, DVI, HDMI?

Which CPU is it?

run the system in a minimum config:
Only connect the power supply with the 24 and 8pin ATX power connector
connect a monitor, CPU, cpu cooler, one RAM in slot DDR2_1, keyboard
remove all other devices like DVD, HDD, USB

(Note 3) The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
(Note 4) Simultaneous output for DVI-D and HDMI is not supported.

Replace the BIOS battery (plus is visible on the top)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020
How do I “shorten the pins” and I did replace the Bios battery and held it down to do a bios reset. It’s connected with a HDMI cable. I’m not sure what to do with the ram because I live in a small place and ram will prob be expensive to get locally it’s DDR2 and most likely that’s the issue the ram being defective. Will touch base with the seller and see what he has to say and to try and get some background details and history on this.

Is there anyway to repair ram or is it done?

Jan 8, 2020
Yap im feeling a bit peckish though I might take off the heat sink on the ram and and wrap it in tinfoil and put in the oven for a small snack and see if that’s wakes up the ram. Ehm any idea what the ram heatsink looks like and how to remove it? I will post a few photos of the stick I will take more photos of the build in a moment

Links are gyazo
/c1a5cc24d32abd5a6e7164703ea8a371
/90c15f0c071f2d32336d0ed244aab605

Jan 8, 2020
Just one 2gb stick. Quick update everyone, it’s not beeping I took a green thingy out of my computer and put it in this one it’s cslled he “CLR CMOS”. A two pin green thing. Anyway I put that in and booted it up without ram. No beeping however no monitor display. I put in the ram and booted it up, changing nothing. No beeping no display. Ram is perhaps functional I only say that because no beeping. Now I’m gonna try to go my other place where I left on the 1st to get my graphics card. If it has a card it might display in the meantime I will try to use other cables that are not HDMI to try and see if I can run it. I still do not know whether this cpu is just a CPu or an apu

Jan 8, 2020
I also noticed a new green light that appears on the front of the PC (where you plug in headphones slide in dvds). Yeah a new light appeared and it did not appear before until I put in the green thing. Anyone know what this means? I’m very close to solving this thanks for all ur recommendations people

Jan 8, 2020
I have display now however the screen does not change apart from what seems to be one of those scanning codes(Authenticator code ) and below it says the following; “S500F2A1LG009V012” I’m unsure what this means.

Jan 8, 2020
I’m just gonna leave it here untouched and wait for someone to respond with something that will get it functioning but I’ve done my best and all I could so yea managed to get rid of the beeping and what not however I did notice whilst it was booting into bios I t did beep once or twice which was skeptical