Question Bought DDR4-3600 C16, received C18. Will this cause a Zen 2 performance hit?

TwistedFury

Distinguished
Hey. I bought some Vengeance LPX 3600 C16 but I received C18 (same clock). I haven't received my Zen 2 CPU but I'm curious if I'll notice a performance hit from the latency increase?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No. Speed > latency in most cases.
But I'd return that, if it were me. When it comes to memory kits, higher speeds and tighter timings cost more.
Judging from what you bought, 3600mhz/C16, that would come with a premium price. C18 likely had worse timings and would've been cheaper.
I think the vendor tried to screw you. Give 'em hell, and make them give you what you paid for.

TwistedFury

Distinguished
No. Speed > latency in most cases.
But I'd return that, if it were me. When it comes to memory kits, higher speeds and tighter timings cost more.
Judging from what you bought, 3600mhz/C16, that would come with a premium price. C18 likely had worse timings and would've been cheaper.
I think the vendor tried to screw you. Give 'em hell, and make them give you what you paid for.
I only paid $100. I think for 3600 @c18 it's still a good deal.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, since you're ok with it...
But no, the difference between C16 and C18 won't be noticeable, unless all you do is benchmarking.
You could always look into trying to tighten the timings yourself.
I was just comparing the value of the 2 latencies(at the same speed).

TwistedFury

Distinguished
Well, since you're ok with it...
But no, the difference between C16 and C18 won't be noticeable, unless all you do is benchmarking.
You could always look into trying to tighten the timings yourself.
I was just comparing the value of the 2 latencies(at the same speed).
I'm not really "ok" with it if you know what I mean, I just don't have much room to complain. Just about all DDR4-3600 @c18 costs the same as what I paid for.