Question Bought faulty GPU from eBay, details about issues in body

Superman1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
Hello everybody,

Just bought a faulty GPU from eBay, was somewhat poorly listed and I won't lose much money if any at sale if I can't get it working, but curious to try fix it.

It's a Strix GTX 1060 6GB, and it appears to be fully operational. Detected in Windows with drivers, can put a load on it. However none of the display outputs are working on it. I can get it to work using passthrough integrated graphics on my troubleshooting/cheap rig 4670K build, which requires me to have the display unplugged during boot, and to then plug it into the motherboard afterwards. Have tried cleaning it up as best as possible but there is some pretty serious corrosion around the PCI bracket, very visible on the DVI out. I could try removing the corrosion, however looking internally in the HDMI ports there's definitely no corrosion on the pins, so the cable (which is verified functional) should be making proper contact, so I doubt it's the issue. Rest of the PCB has been cleaned up as best as possible and as I say perfectly functional running through motherboard passthrough, so at the moment a little bit puzzled as to what might need some work on it.

Curious to hear what you all think I should try to get these display outs working, I'm not scared of messing with the board if there's a particular component that's suspect. Equally fully content with having a fully non-functional card, but it's at least partly functional at the moment so interested to see what some time with it could do.

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 362816

I am a very very large power seller on eBay, Take my advice open up a return due to defective and just get rid of it asap. They have to refund you even if they do not accept returns. Cost to ship back is on them also.

Superman1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
I am a very very large power seller on eBay, Take my advice open up a return due to defective and just get rid of it asap. They have to refund you even if they do not accept returns. Cost to ship back is on them also.

I should clarify, it was bought as "for parts". The price was already very low so I'll be able to sell it breaking even or profiting even selling for parts, as the final list price was well below its true value.