[SOLVED] Bought i7 9700k new CPU but performance in many games is bad, what should i do? How do i check where is the problem?

Solution
I have all the updated drivers for everything.
I have no idea which is gaming or wifi.

Now see, these two things are DISTINCTLY contrary, or conflicting if you will. If you don't know WHICH board you have, you CAN'T possibly know if you have the latest drivers for it installed OR whether you even have the RIGHT drivers installed. You also can't know if you have the latest BIOS version installed if you don't know which board you have, or again, whether the BIOS version you may have installed is even for the right board.

So, what is the ACTUAL model of your motherboard, AS IT IS PRINTED DIRECTLY ON THE MOTHERBOARD itself? Or, on the box it came in?
Do you have the D.O.C.P/XMP memory profile enabled in the BIOS?

Do you have the MOST recent BIOS version for your motherboard installed?

Did you download and install all of these drivers, plus the latest Nvidia driver from the Nvidia website for your RTX 2060 Super?

Nvidia driver: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/164741/

What is the ACTUAL model of your motherboard? Is it the Z390-Plus Gaming or the Z390 Plus WiFi.

Oct 3, 2020
Do you have the D.O.C.P/XMP memory profile enabled in the BIOS?

Do you have the MOST recent BIOS version for your motherboard installed?

Did you download and install all of these drivers, plus the latest Nvidia driver from the Nvidia website for your RTX 2060 Super?

Nvidia driver: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/164741/

What is the ACTUAL model of your motherboard? Is it the Z390-Plus Gaming or the Z390 Plus WiFi.
Yes i have XMP memory profile. In this way it works better,
thanks

Oct 3, 2020
you need to give more details, what's BAD , how bad? what games? have you check using like afterburner, what are the CPU/GPU usage, CLock speed and temp during game? and what FPS etc.
The FPS is not bad like it het around 150 but i have good pc and on low settings Games like Apex and Fortnite should run on 240 FPS.
I used afterburner and saw i have high CPU usage. My cpu clock is 4700MH and temp is like 87, i dont have FPS drops, just not high.

Was this build a fresh install with this mainboard/CPU/GPU, or perhaps a classic 'reboot and hope for the best' with MS-supplied default drivers?

Assuming a fresh install, were all chipset drivers installed?

Does your CPU hit/maintain about 4.6 GHz on all cores under a moderately heavy load, such as CPU-Z/stress CPU?

Games running under one config often work best after removal/reinstall of game if swapping a GPU, even from a GTX1060 to a 2060, for example..(Naturally, with a fresh install all of that is moot)

Reactions: Darkbreeze
Have you installed the monitor drivers?
Huh? This has nothing to do with anything, sorry. "Monitor drivers" LITERALLY have ZERO to do with lower than normal FPS. Besides which, pretty much ALL modern monitors are strictly "plug and play" with no "drivers" being necessary or in most cases even available. Rarely, there may be a "profile" available for specific monitors, but rarely if ever these days are there any drivers involved that are monitor model specific. Certainly none that are necessary. I can't remember the last time I installed a driver for a monitor.

Reactions: alexbirdie

Now see, these two things are DISTINCTLY contrary, or conflicting if you will. If you don't know WHICH board you have, you CAN'T possibly know if you have the latest drivers for it installed OR whether you even have the RIGHT drivers installed. You also can't know if you have the latest BIOS version installed if you don't know which board you have, or again, whether the BIOS version you may have installed is even for the right board.

So, what is the ACTUAL model of your motherboard, AS IT IS PRINTED DIRECTLY ON THE MOTHERBOARD itself? Or, on the box it came in?

Solution

KidBuu

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2012
In the nvidia control panel i selected 1920x1080 240 HZ. i didnt do anything special like download monitor drivers. Does it matter? can it affect fps?

Well usually monitors are pretty plug and play, but sometimes there are
Huh? This has nothing to do with anything, sorry. "Monitor drivers" LITERALLY have ZERO to do with lower than normal FPS. Besides which, pretty much ALL modern monitors are strictly "plug and play" with no "drivers" being necessary or in most cases even available. Rarely, there may be a "profile" available for specific monitors, but rarely if ever these days are there any drivers involved that are monitor model specific. Certainly none that are necessary. I can't remember the last time I installed a driver for a monitor.
I know what you mean, monitors are just plug and play. However, I mentioned it, coz I remember when I had a 75hz monitor, the desktop resolution never showed me any 75hz resolution option, even in nvidia control panel. Then I just randomly, to test it out, decided to install monitor driver, and then from Display Adapter Properties, had to select 75hz as it was default 60. And then it started showing up as a resolution in the control panel. So I was just wondering if any such shenanighans were happening with this person.