Honorable
Jun 18, 2018
My specs are : ECS A55F-M3 with the latest bios update [12/27/2011]
Old gpu HD 6570
New gpu Asus RX 550 2gb
2gb Ram 1333ghz DDR3
4gb Ram 1333ghz DDR3
Athlon II x4 641 cpu not oc

Before i did anything i uninstalled my hd6570 drivers with DDU. When i bought rx550 i knew it wouldn't work with my vga monitor so i bought vga to hdmi adapter and i got a black screen. I've tried taking out both sticks of ram and put them back still nothing. I've tried to reset bios trough cmos battery still nothing. in bios my primary graphic setting is pcie. Can i plug back my old gpu and install new rx550 drivers or will i mess up even more?

Lutfij

Titan
Which OS were/are you on?

Try and power up the system with the RX550 in and see if the system powers up to desktop. If you have a pair of speakers/headphones plugged in you can hear the bootup sound play. If you can't see or hear anything, I'd like to know what the make and model of your PSU is and how old the unit is. Another note, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

pepap099

Honorable
Jun 18, 2018

Sorry for the late response i have Win 7/64bit Service pack 1
Can't hear anything. Latest Bios 27/12/2011. Psu is 500W EE-ATX-500W-IR [Dodgy looking not like coolermaster or others] (btw i think the psu is the problem). And i don't know how old it is.And i even tried to hook it up to my tv with hdmi to hdmi cable. [ECS FORUM http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_DOWNLOAD/EN/Motherboard/A55F-M3%20-LL-V1.0-RR-/Socket%20FM1]

Dec 16, 2018
Hello! I've had the same issue for a year now. I have an Asus RX550 gpu with 2gb of vram, and an AMD A10-7860K cpu with R7 graphics. After i had updated to any radeon software version i got black screen after the first reboot. (The background led of my monitor lights so it gets signal from the gpu).
But some days ago i found a solution.
Try this out: Download and setup the 18.12.2 radeon software version. After the setup give the computer a reboot. After the reboot you should get black screen (but the background light of the monitor is working so it gets signal from the gpu). Now unplug the hdmi cable (or the cable that you are using) and plug in the mobo's display outlet. You should get picture on the screen. Now go to device manager and disable the integrated graphics (in my case this is the R7 graphics). Now unplug the hdmi and plug it back to the gpu. If everything goes well, you will get picture. But first of all, change the primary video output settings to automatic in your bios.