bought new one!

Adib__

Commendable
May 21, 2016
HI! i just bought new ram single ADATA DDR3 1600 MHZ stick ,my old ram is 4x4 DDR3 1333 MHZ will they work????help im noobies

Solution
OK so your graphics card is ANCIENT and probably below the min spec for GTAV and your PSU is waay too close to the limit for the system. Address those points first, the RAM is not a problem, and the CPU is fine. If you want high/stable FPS then spend $$ on graphics and make sure the GPU has enough power. Remember that even with an 80+ gold psu you're only going to get ~90% of the rated output. So look at 500W at least I would say. Good luck!

Whiplash450

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
need more information.

what motherboard do you have (model number) and how many ram sockets does it have?
What capacity are the ram sticks that you have? 1/2/4/8/16gb?

Does the motherboard have 4 ram slots and you are currently using all four? If so then you're going to have issues replacing just one stick.
What brand is the old ram?

Whiplash450

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
ok so when I said more information you need to give some actual relevant and consistent information if you want help.

You originally said that you have '4x4' ram and then replied saying you have '2x4' ram. So firstly are these sticks '4' gb? and how many of them do you actually have? Also what is the size of the 'new' ram stick? Is that also 4gb?

And what is the motherboard make and model?

Adib__

Commendable
May 21, 2016
my computer detect my ram memory as 12gb i look at RAMMON from memtest my ram voltage is same cas latency same and yes just different frequency it is almost no different at all when i upgraded it no improve on games too but better folder transfer speed...

Whiplash450

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Yes, you most likely will not see any difference when upgrading above 8gb if you do not handle large files or workflows (video/images). More than 8gb RAM will probably not have any impact on gaming performance at all.

Adib__

Commendable
May 21, 2016
i forgot something my new ram timing is different my 2x4 old ram both has same timing only my new one is different should i continue using this ram or change it?when i play games like gta 5 the fps kinda laggy not stable....

Whiplash450

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I have no idea, you've not given any details about the rest of your system. Could be poor/old: CPU/GPU/HDD take your pick. They will all affect your experience at some point or another so have a think about what components are the weak points in your system and start there.

Whiplash450

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
OK so your graphics card is ANCIENT and probably below the min spec for GTAV and your PSU is waay too close to the limit for the system. Address those points first, the RAM is not a problem, and the CPU is fine. If you want high/stable FPS then spend $$ on graphics and make sure the GPU has enough power. Remember that even with an 80+ gold psu you're only going to get ~90% of the rated output. So look at 500W at least I would say. Good luck!

Solution