[SOLVED] Bought new prebuilt pc. Swapping out the GPU prevents the pc from booting.

swiFTj328

Honorable
Aug 23, 2015
Hi, I bought this PC this week and it arrived fine with no issues windows pre installed games tested fine benchmarks run well etc. etc. Basic specs are as follows
-i5 10400KF
MSI B460M PRO VDH WiFI
16gb DDR4 ADATA RAM @2666Mhz
750w psu
INNO3d RTX 3060Ti

I uninstalled the 3060ti drivers with DDU, with shutdown for new gpu installation. When i swap in my GTX 1070, the pc will just turn on but not even show the PRO boot screen that shows up normally, just stay on with the lights and fans spinning.
Also tried an even older card my old GTX 750ti and its still the same problem. Secure boot is disabled, anything in bios that I believe would interfere is disabled unless theres more that i do not know of.
I cleared the cmos by removing the battery after unplugging every cable from the pc at the back and held the power button for 30s. Still to no avail.

What is preventing me from plugging in a different GPU? is there something i need to do on windows?

Solution
Hey yall, update
Ive been dicking around with things and after disabling a setting not sure which one anymore, my new pc managed to boot with a gtx 1070 inside, i knew something was different this time as when i tried to turn the pc off with the power button it wouldnt shut down immediately like it did before, thistime it stayed on, i clicked it a couple of times then held the power button and the screen lit up with the log in screen now present. Relived something worked, i now tried installing the gtx 750ti, and this time i had the same issue, so what i tried is plugging in an hdmi cable instead of the display port and it booted up flawlessly. Dont know if also setting on the monitor OSD to use original aspect ratio did the trick but...

swiFTj328

Honorable
Aug 23, 2015
Hey yall, update
Ive been dicking around with things and after disabling a setting not sure which one anymore, my new pc managed to boot with a gtx 1070 inside, i knew something was different this time as when i tried to turn the pc off with the power button it wouldnt shut down immediately like it did before, thistime it stayed on, i clicked it a couple of times then held the power button and the screen lit up with the log in screen now present. Relived something worked, i now tried installing the gtx 750ti, and this time i had the same issue, so what i tried is plugging in an hdmi cable instead of the display port and it booted up flawlessly. Dont know if also setting on the monitor OSD to use original aspect ratio did the trick but probably just using the HDMI cable solved that issue for this card.

Solution