Question Bought new Ram but pc wont turn on

Jul 14, 2019
I've bought new ram and after installing it my pc did a beep sound and wouldnt turn on. After that i decided to put my old ram back but i had the same issue there

Motherboard: 78lmt-usb3 r2
Old Ram: 2x4gb samsung ram 1600mhz
New Ram: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600mhz

Jul 14, 2019
Didnt work :C

I found that on the website
  1. 4 x DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
    * Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz memory modules

Does that mean my pc cant boot with a 1600mhz ramstick?

Last edited:

lynx1021

Distinguished
Crucial doesn't show any Crucial Ballistix Sport modules now for your Motherboard, https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/GIGABYTE/ga-78lmt-usb3
The older AMD and intel boards require low density double sided memory that they don't hardly make anymore , 512MEG X 64 • There are some Crucial Ballistix Sport modules with double-sided chips but they don't make them anymore. My board take the same memory as yours , I was able to find 2 sticks of Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB bls4g3d1609ds1s00 memory for mine used on Ebay for $35.00 I got mine as a kit with the number BLS2KIT4G3D1609DS1S00, I paid $70 for my other ones from Crucial when they still had them.

lynx1021

Distinguished
You said "I have still the same issue still beeps got myself hyperx fury rams 2x4gb dual kit" You said your Old Ram: 2x4gb Samsung ram 1600mhz worked before? is that right? You need to go back to what worked before and make sure there is not something else keeping it from booting, Like loose connections to the motherboard or GPU. Have you tried 1 stick of your old ram in slot 1? How many beeps?

Last edited:
Install your memory modules in the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket. Then, do a hard reset.

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes, press the power button on the case for 30 seconds. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the hardware tables to reset in the boot manager.

If that fails to force the motherboard to recognize the memory, then try the same process as above, but with NO memory installed. Then, after you have powered on and heard the system beep from no memory installed, repeat the above process again with memory installed in the A2 and B2 slots. Sometimes a change, such as removing the graphics card or memory, will force the BIOS to recognize a change and reconfigure itself correctly.

Reactions: lynx1021

Latest posts