[SOLVED] bought new samsung 970 evo plus and ran some benchmarks,is these values normal?

Mar 15, 2021
->samsung magician tool:
sequential read(mb/s): 3391
write:3085
random(iops)read:256347
write:181640
->crystal diskmark:
SEQ1MQ8T1:read:3345 write:3205
SEQ1MQ1T1 READ: 2110 write:1969
RND4K Q32T1 read:490 write: 421
RND4K Q1T1 read:50 write:180
->crystal disk info:
showing blue and good
total host reads:571gb
total host writes : 568 gb
powers on count:3 count
powers on hour:1 hour
1)are these values normal ?
2)sometimes temperature is hitting 67c and showing its high, so while i was installing my ssd inplace of optane there was a silver covering on optane so now i covered my ssd with it. is this the reason why its getting hot?
3)my total host read and writes were like 30 gb at first now after performing benchmarks its now like 571gb is it normal?

Solution
1: YES. Their great numbers!! Over 3,000 MB read/write.
2: Under benhcmarking of heavy load they do get hott. You can install an active or passive cooler if you think you will be hitting them temps on normal activities. You can use HWMON to watch your temps. Also in general just be sure you have enough case fans. A heatsink is 5-25 dollars for NVME if you want to add one for peace of mind, but the average user don't need one.
3: Yes, your doing benchmarks and installing/moving files. Quit benchmarking and enjoy your super fast computer!!

NVME's are great, Samsung makes some really great drives too. Everything is normal.

Have a great day!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have the Samsung NVME drivers?
what size is the drive?

screenshot easier than writing
9YyYAYy.jpg

2)sometimes temperature is hitting 67c and showing its high, so while i was installing my ssd inplace of optane there was a silver covering on optane so now i covered my ssd with it. is this the reason why its getting hot?
do you mean a heatsink?
3)my total host read and writes were like 30 gb at first now after performing benchmarks its now like 571gb is it normal?
probably, i didn't look at my before/after. it has to write all the data to run tests.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
2: Under benhcmarking of heavy load they do get hott. You can install an active or passive cooler if you think you will be hitting them temps on normal activities. You can use HWMON to watch your temps. Also in general just be sure you have enough case fans. A heatsink is 5-25 dollars for NVME if you want to add one for peace of mind, but the average user don't need one.
3: Yes, your doing benchmarks and installing/moving files. Quit benchmarking and enjoy your super fast computer!!

NVME's are great, Samsung makes some really great drives too. Everything is normal.

Have a great day!

Reactions: Hafsal789
Solution
Mar 15, 2021

Have a great day!
thx