[SOLVED] Bought New SSD installed win10, and got a Boot error,...

raikoh911

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
hey guys. so i bought a new ssd, mind you i only have 1 nvme slot, so i remove the old one, install the new ssd and proceed to install windows 10. the problem is that when windows need to restart i get a boot error.. "binitializelibrary failed 0xc000000e" and i cant do anything about it.. bootrec /fix boot access denied! scanOS says there are no installed windows which i guess makes sense.. what can i do ? im super frustrated.
my specs are:

i7 6700k,
MSI Z170a pc mate
rtx 2070
samsung 970 evo plus

all other drives are disconnected.

do i need to update the bios ? thats about the only thing i havent done yet. it does recognize the ssd though name and all.. also i read somewhere that the media creation tool of version 1903 has a problem with the command prompt and thats why i get acced denied on /fixboot. im currently making a new flash usb to try that out but i doubt it..

Last edited:
Solution
Updating BIOS could help, it appears to be a motherboard related error.

One fix I found was turn off Secure boot.

No point trying to fix a half installed win 10. SInce this happened on 1st restart, I take it you haven't even set up accounts. All its donw is copied windows onto the NVME but its not fully installed.

You will need to wipe NVME and start again

Colif

Win 11 Master
Updating BIOS could help, it appears to be a motherboard related error.

One fix I found was turn off Secure boot.

No point trying to fix a half installed win 10. SInce this happened on 1st restart, I take it you haven't even set up accounts. All its donw is copied windows onto the NVME but its not fully installed.

You will need to wipe NVME and start again

Solution

raikoh911

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I have secure boot turned off, problem is for some reason mflash wont work i got a brand new usb stick 16gb fat32 with the uodate in root still wont recognise the files in flash mode.. dunno what yo do

Colif

Win 11 Master
How many bios versions were you behind? might need to try an earlier one first? All the updates mention nvme compatibility improvements .

New Asus boards let you connect to internet inside BIOS and download the updates that way. Shame yours doesn't.

raikoh911

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
How many bios versions were you behind? might need to try an earlier one first? All the updates mention nvme compatibility improvements .

New Asus boards let you connect to internet inside BIOS and download the updates that way. Shame yours doesn't.
A shame indeed.. im ALL the uodates behind.. and i dont know what to do..

raikoh911

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I would grab A5 first as it says - Updated BIOS code.
then i would try latest.
most bios updates include previous versions so they should work, but as you on 1st bios you may need to do it in steps.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-PC-MATE

turns out all i had to do was reset the bios... :/ i just pulled the battery out put it back in and that was it!

thanx colif for your time :))