bought the orignal gtx 750ti in 80$

arham3122

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
lemme start
after being scammed in ddr4 1030 fiasco{110$}. I bought a gtx 750ti in second. with a 40$ lost. seriously removed nvadia. the asus version of 750ti wouldn't fit neither msi version in my hp case. then a gtx 750ti successfully worked in my system. there was no branding on the card. I took the pc home and found out it was the original gtx 750ti. it is working perfectly but I am kinda scared cuz I cant find them anymore on sites. I think it may be really old or probably used for mining. my gaming requirements are not that much so even 720p 25fps very low is fine. how to check this card is in good condition or not. it is in red color and a small heatsink on the top(there are photos on the net)temps are

80c max on 99% load

if i open the side panel and infront of air conditioner 74 to 75 in full load

40c to 45c in cod 4 100fps capped

so should i be worried if it is mined or abused in the past?

specs

i5 3470

8gb ram

and obvs 750ti 2gb

320w lite on power supply

Watch the language

Remember to measure twice and install once.

You can't be mad at Nvidia for buying a card 2nd hand without knowing the measurements of said card.

GPUZ can tell you the date of the bios version.

A person can upgrade or downgrade the bios if they wanted to, but the average consumer would not know how or want to.

I prefer to keep my graphics cards at a maximum of 70 °C, but 80 °C at 100% isn't bad.

How much was the Geforce 750Ti you finally got working?

A Geforce 1050 starts at $135 with shipping.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125920

arham3122

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

for 10000rs as 70 to 80 bucks

arham3122

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

I think the seller did that before they sold it to me
and fan make noise with intervals of 10 seconds spaced out in 1 minute intervals in syndicate. games seems to crash sometime and freeze {fixed with a simple press of windows button}. this only happens in syndicate so I think thats the issue of the game cuz cod ww2 works without an issue. the temps stay between 77 to 79 with touching 80 sometime.
it is very hot here in Pakistan sometime hitting 45 c

arham3122

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

I am mad at nvidia cuz they silently released the ddr4 gt 1030 with the same price tag and I accidently bought it after collecting money for four months. they should have named it gt 1010 or something two gpus cant be of same name with a 106% performance difference

stdragon

Admirable
45c is hot (113f) for outside. But unless your computer is inside with an air conditioner keeping cool, even in the shade without AC the ambient temperature will be much lower than 45c.

Like the CPU fan, the GPU fan is reactive. Meaning, it will spin faster and faster until it's reached the limit, or the GPU temperature drops. Once cooler, the fan will also slow down too. From your description, what you're hearing is either a fan bearing that is failing or it is oscillating faster and slower as the GPU temps rise and fall.

bignastyid

Titan

This is common on low end gpus, both Nvidia and AMD. In many previous generations there were cards with DDR3 and GDDR5, so it's not a new practice. This is why you should take a minute to check the specs and not buy blindly. You should be mad at yourself not Nvidia. Multiple tech sites(including Tom's) posted about the DDR4 1030s when they were released.

arham3122

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015

hmmm but something is strange
when the sound comes the percentage of the gpu fan seems to stay the same (61 to 58) depends on the load
but i am sure it is coming from the gpu. it maybe be dirty?
i never had temp issue so should i ignore it or try to fix it?
its not loud but it does not seem like a smooth running fan.