Bought two ultrawide monitors... What should my third be? And GPU?

sours

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Asus PB298Q, to be exact... And now that I have the two of them, I kind of want to get a nvidia surround display setup going with them.

Would they even work very well PPP? The bezels on the bottom are slightly obnoxious... Can you somehow force nvidia surround to do PLP w/ gaps on the top and bottom on both side panels?

What about the 144hz Asus 24" display, as a center... Its about the same height (I think?) and same vertical resolution, and then the two ultrawides could go on either side? I'm not really sure what third panel I should buy/how to arrange them effectively! Can I even use the 21:9 effectively in a ultrawide?

Also, I have a single GTX 770 2GB right now... I'd rather keep running it and then upgrade to 780 ti when prices drop a bit from the 980, but I'm not sure if I can keep running it for that setup? It was doing the two ultrawides w/ a 1080 center earlier but nvidia surround was tearing because of the difference in screen size, fps was still playable max settings on Titanfall.

jj8dw6.jpg

Here is their size relative to eachother if I were to have a center in landscape w/ sides in portrait... they both tilt and I can overlap the bezels to make the gap smaller and I think nvidia does adjustment, I just don't know if there is a roundabout way to get PLP support w/ a user set resolution (i.e windowed with gaps on top and bottom on the side?)

sours

Honorable
May 7, 2013
What would happen if I ran all three in landscape then did surround, because of the aspect ratio? Would FOV increase that much or would it be stretched? If it is stretched can you add bars to the end of the monitor to shorten the surround and reduce stretching? It'd be outside peripheral anyways I think... just found a matching third for $300 I might go drive and pick up, if anyone has any input on running three 21:9 29" monitors as a surround setup... $300 is kind of expensive for me considering I paid $175 each for the other two but I might go do it, just can't decide

sours

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Ended up getting the third... Three portrait 21:9 monitors is the best setup I think I've ever used as far as multiple monitors goes... And my GTX 770 was running titanfall smoothly w/ low AA , max settings and 3476x2560