[SOLVED] bought usb powered fan that broke other usb connections

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
I just plugged in my newusb powered fan to run whilst charging. I left the room for 5 minsand when I retuttttttttrned all my other usb devices were flashing and making noises like bleeps. I tried unplugging restarting pc etc but they continue to do the same.

I have an audio interface and Microsoft controller

thanks

Solution
Unplug all the devices, go in to device manager and uninstall all usb drivers. Restart your pc and windows should reload your usb drivers. See if this helps.

before reading your reply I managed to figure out whats happening.

Since the issue arising with the inlucsion of the fan... I have tested the interface on my brothers pc and it works fine, I then decided to try it on my pcs front usb ports the ones that are powered by a wire rather than connected to the motherboard and it works !

So its my usb ports on the back that have all of a sudden lost enough power.. they can still power my keyboard and mouse, xbox controller but not enough power for the interface.

Is this a big problem for the rest of my pc going on ? can it be...

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
Unplug all the devices, go in to device manager and uninstall all usb drivers. Restart your pc and windows should reload your usb drivers. See if this helps.

before reading your reply I managed to figure out whats happening.

Since the issue arising with the inlucsion of the fan... I have tested the interface on my brothers pc and it works fine, I then decided to try it on my pcs front usb ports the ones that are powered by a wire rather than connected to the motherboard and it works !

So its my usb ports on the back that have all of a sudden lost enough power.. they can still power my keyboard and mouse, xbox controller but not enough power for the interface.

Is this a big problem for the rest of my pc going on ? can it be easily fixed ? It all began once I used the usb fan and it was charging while in use.

Solution