[SOLVED] Bought used Macbook on eBay, wondering how to format the hard drive

Solution
Boot into recovery mode. You can then format the boot partition is Disk Utility. Then reinstall macOS. Just don't wipe the entire drive. As you'll then have to boot into Internet Recovery. Install whatever version is available via internet recovery. Then upgrade into High Sierra.

Just be aware that is an old model. It will be slow. With their misleading title of 2017. 2017 is the year the installed OS on it came out. The computer is a 2009 model.
Boot into recovery mode. You can then format the boot partition is Disk Utility. Then reinstall macOS. Just don't wipe the entire drive. As you'll then have to boot into Internet Recovery. Install whatever version is available via internet recovery. Then upgrade into High Sierra.

Just be aware that is an old model. It will be slow. With their misleading title of 2017. 2017 is the year the installed OS on it came out. The computer is a 2009 model.

Solution

royrichard1290

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
Thanks. And yeah I saw that is was an older model, I just needed something cheap to write notes on or stream movies. I'm pretty ignorant about prices so I just bought the first okay-seeming one I saw. :p