Bought Windows 10 USB / Not OEM. Can I reinstall it over and over, infinite times?

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Hey guys!

I wanted to ask, since I bought Windows 10 USB version, can I install it over and over again?

Say 5 years from now, I build another new PC, can I install Windows 10 on it from this key that will be 5 years old?

I read that with Win 10 USB version, not OEM. You could install Win 10 over and over again, on new machines (say I upgrade my motherboard, or build a complete New PC) I can install Win 10 with this USB, without paying again?

Thanks! If you don't understand what I am asking, then ask! What I am saying is:

1. With this Win 10 USB, can I install Windows 10 5-7 years from now on another built PC, i.e. so I don't have to pay again.

Solution

Read and do this...

USAFRet

Titan

Read and do this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3164428/windows-build-1607-activation.html

Licensing has changed since the Anniversary 1607 release. Link that license to your MS account, and install with new hardware.
Will this still work 5 years from now? Who knows.

And the means by which it was delivered (USB, DVD, direct download) does not dictate the actual OEM vs Retail status.

Solution

misteriosly

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Even non OEM licenses have limitation on activations, after which you would need to call em for activation.
Not sure what USB version means tbh, since its OEM, Volume and non OEM licensing mostly.
Just call Microsoft services and ask, they would provide you info.
If its non oem, you can have it concurrently on one pc at a time, probably you know that.

About: 1. With this Win 10 USB, can I install Windows 10 5-7 years from now on another built PC, i.e. so I don't have to pay again.
Microsoft can change their licensing at any time, so no one can say that.

PCTechguy

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Ok, for now, I can say I can reinsall it on a brand new PC if need be.

I have another question:

I bought Windows 10 USB version where it said "Windows 10 Home - 32/64-bit".

Will I havek an option when installing to choose "64-bit", how do I know I am choosing 64-bit?