Question Boutta upgrade boys

Jul 24, 2019
So I'm going to upgrade my PC very soon. Im replacing my motherboard, RAM and CPU. However, i want to keep my old files. So is it possible to move my old hdd into this system to boot into windows 10 and just use all my old files? If not What am i supposed to do?

Jul 24, 2019
So the fact that im switching chipsets doesnt matter right? I was also thinking of doing a full clean windows install since it will run a bit faster then. Does that mean i have to wipe my HDD on my current system and reinstall windows via an USB on the other system?

Files or programs? With a change of motherboard a fresh install of Windows is highly recommended, this will require you to reinstall all your programs and drivers. However if you keep your files/data on a separate drive or partition you can transfer that over without a problem.

However you should always have your important files backed up. Make sure you have an up to date backup before attempting any of this. Things can and do go wrong and sometimes data gets lost.

Jul 24, 2019
OK so i backed up all my important pics and data, mostly memes. Is there any way to wipe everything of this HDD? Including windows 10. I just want to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 via an USB.