Bowman creation

Moo

I want to specialize in Bow and Arrow. Does that mean that I best pick the
Ranger class? I was told that Fighters also have good Bow and Arrow
capabilities? Also, what race, stats, feats, skills should be chosen so that
I can kick ass with Bow?

moo

"Moo" <.@nospam.org> wrote in message
> I want to specialize in Bow and Arrow. Does that mean that I best pick the
> Ranger class? I was told that Fighters also have good Bow and Arrow
> capabilities? Also, what race, stats, feats, skills should be chosen so
that
> I can kick ass with Bow?
>

> moo

If you have the expansion paks you might consider the Arcane Archer. Or you
could download the Consortium PRC pack and take the Archer class. I'm
currently doing the HotU campaign with a 5/11/2 fighter/archer/rogue and the
mixture is one of the best I've played.

Windigo

Moo wrote:

> I want to specialize in Bow and Arrow. Does that mean that I best pick the
> Ranger class?

Rangers have no particular bow abilities--indeed, as one of their class
abilities is dual-wielding, they're pushed rather away from it.

Which class do you want to play for other capabilities? If you have the
Shadows of Undrentide expansion, I'd definitely advise playing an elf,
and either playing a bard or taking a single level of wizard later so
you can take the Arcane Archer prestige class. Other than that,
fighter, paladin, or rogue are good classes for a character who is
primarily a bow-fighter, imo.

> I was told that Fighters also have good Bow and Arrow
> capabilities? Also, what race, stats, feats, skills should be chosen so that
> I can kick ass with Bow?

If you're planning on becoming an Arcane Archer, elf. Otherwise, your
race doesn't matter as long as it's a Medium race (not gnome or
halfling). Lots of Dexterity. None of your skills will really relate.
Feats should be pretty obvious (hint: Point Blank Shot has more to do
with bow-wielding than Artist does).

Moo

I have the Shadows of Undrentide expansion and am playing an elf. He is a
fighter/wizzard - able to cast 1st level spells. He has weapon focus
(longbow) and point blank shot feats required for Arcane archer. I dont know
about the Base attack conus +6, how do i check this? Otherwise i have
everything that should be neeed to become Arcane archer...but when i level
up i can not. Does my level have anything to do with it? (I made a new
character and advanced him to level 3 to check out Arcane archer)

why won't it work?

The problem is the BAB req.

You will need to be at least level 7 due to your having a level of mage.

Check your manusl. The appendices at the back have the tables that show
what your BAB is simply add the BAB for your classes together eg you
have a lvl 3 character so lvl 1 mage (0) + lvl 2 fighter (2) = BAB 2

Kharsis

Kharsis wrote:
> The problem is the BAB req.
>
> You will need to be at least level 7 due to your having a level of mage.
>
> Check your manusl. The appendices at the back have the tables that show
> what your BAB is simply add the BAB for your classes together eg you
> have a lvl 3 character so lvl 1 mage (0) + lvl 2 fighter (2) = BAB 2

You can also view your BAB on your character sheet in-game. It's listed
down near the middle of your stats, near your alignment.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Kish wrote:
> Moo wrote:

> Rangers have no particular bow abilities--indeed, as one of their class
> abilities is dual-wielding, they're pushed rather away from it.

Except that dual-wielding works best with light weapons, encouraging
rangers to take Weapon Finesse, which along with a ranger's
Dexterity-based skills, encourages rangers to emphasize their Dexterity
stat, making them good archers. However, they don't have any special
skills with the bow, per se.

I'd suggest starting with an elven bard, and working towards an Arcane
Archer.