Question BR Writer: Internal vs. External

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
Is an internal BR writer going to be faster enough than an external usb 3.0 one to be worth a lot of extra money?

Research so far seems to be showing me that for writing discs USB 3 is plenty fast enough because the write sped itself would be the bottleneck. So the only thing improved by the internal would be that it doesn't have to convert the protocol from usb to sata...

Just being sure. I'd much rather not have to use an internal because 1. I already have an external one and 2. it would mean AT LEAST $150 extra in costs just to simply go from external to internal AND would make me have to get a bigger case than I need.

DefinitelyNotTom

Respectable
Jul 20, 2017
I have always preferred BD internal DRIVES.
I would definitely prefer it, but since my external is a usb 3 one, just seems like it wouldn't be worth so much extra cost and inconvenience to get the internal. Also, I was trying to get a short case and I only find taller ones if a 5.25" bay is needed.

I wish I could get all I want witout paying more, but looks like I'd be out around $100 for a drive and $50+ extra on the case.

TRENDING THREADS