Bracket for hot swap bays

smiley22432

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
One of the hdd slots in my case has a pre-mounted bracket in the back of the slot that makes it where i can pull my hdd in and out without bothering to unplug the motherboard and power supply sata connections. The board in the back of the slot then plugs into the motherboard and power supply with its own 'external' connectors.

I've tried to search to find more of these but failed. I'm not sure exactly what they are called except that they are basically a component of a hot swap bay.

Can I buy one from anywhere for my other 2 drives?

Ah, one of my favorite pieces of hardware! You can get two single ones, or a three-bay that fits into two 5.25" bays. http://kingwin.com/products/cate/mobile/racks/kf_3001_bk.asp

I do all my backups to bare drives in these bays.

KF-3001-BK_swap1.jpg

smiley22432

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I've been searching for female sata to male sata connectors but nothing close to this is coming up. There are plenty of boards that will go from SATA to 40pin connections.

I have found some female to male sata connectors but none of them are a board on one end and separate cables on the other, nor are they boards that can be mounted, nor are they 90 deg to the board.

Someone must make these since there is one in my case.