Question Brand for RX 7800 XT

imChill

Reputable
Sep 7, 2019
I just bought this RX 7800 XT PULSE by Sapphire but it does not seem to be a popular option - judging by a quick search - there aren't many reviews on it, if at all. On the other hand one from XFX or Gigabyte (just examples) look to be a bit more popular which begged the question if the brand matters in this particular RX 7800 XT? In terms of performance, and whatnot..

Solution
Sapphire normally make good AMD cards, so you should be fine

If I waited for reviews of the 7900 XT I have, I would still not have it. As there are none. Its worked for the last year.

it can depend on what the company sends out as review units. Powercolor, for instance, send out Hellhounds which are their middle range cards, making it hard to find reviews of other cards they make. Sapphire may have sent out Nitro+'s for testing as its their top model.

So just use card and see how you go :)

the Pulse is their reference model design, its the base model. It has same speed as a AMD Reference card. Chart at bottom shows all the cards - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-7800-xt.c3839
not all speeds shown on the chart...

Colif

Win 11 Master

If I waited for reviews of the 7900 XT I have, I would still not have it. As there are none. Its worked for the last year.

it can depend on what the company sends out as review units. Powercolor, for instance, send out Hellhounds which are their middle range cards, making it hard to find reviews of other cards they make. Sapphire may have sent out Nitro+'s for testing as its their top model.

the Pulse is their reference model design, its the base model. It has same speed as a AMD Reference card. Chart at bottom shows all the cards - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-7800-xt.c3839
not all speeds shown on the chart are correct, the speed for the Red Devil 7800xt is actually just a copy of the Hellhound, it is actually faster than they show. Techpowerup did same thing to my red Devil 7900xt. Seems a habit.

Last edited:
Reactions: imChill
Solution
You should be good to go. Sapphire has been around for years and is one of the older more well known brands I’d say. Same for companies such as powercolor or gigabyte, asus or msi. Every once in a while you get a defective card but that is what the warranty is for, and bad cards new seem to be free and far between.

Also AsRock is good as well imo. They are new to graphics cards but have made motherboards for years now and have a good track record there. Which motherboards are more complex than a gpu.

imChill

Reputable
Sep 7, 2019

not all speeds shown on the chart are correct, the speed for the Red Devil 7800xt is actually just a copy of the Hellhound, it is actually faster than they show. Techpowerup did same thing to my red Devil 7900xt. Seems a habit.
Thanks a lot, very insightful. I'll stick with Sapphire then.

imChill

Reputable
Sep 7, 2019
You should be good to go. Sapphire has been around for years and is one of the older more well known brands I’d say. Same for companies such as powercolor or gigabyte, asus or msi. Every once in a while you get a defective card but that is what the warranty is for, and bad cards new seem to be free and far between.

Also AsRock is good as well imo. They are new to graphics cards but have made motherboards for years now and have a good track record there. Which motherboards are more complex than a gpu.
Thanks very much, just threw me off a bit because of the lack of reviews and it being the cheapest option out of all brands, but it's good to see your comment and so will be sticking with Sapphire for now.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye
Thanks very much, just threw me off a bit because of the lack of reviews and it being the cheapest option out of all brands, but it's good to see your comment and so will be sticking with Sapphire for now.
Yeah I just picked up an asrock 6800xt this past week. Newegg had it at the time for $439 and the reviews showed it being about as fast as the 7800xt so pretty happy about that.

But you should be good to go. What power supply do you have?

TRENDING THREADS